2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic
used 12 vulcan 1700 classic left
The stunningly beautiful Vulcan® 1700 Classic cruiser evokes that certain feeling in riders: one that beckons you aboard with its gorgeous curves and drop-dead custom styling and says “let’s ride.” It’s beautiful from so many angles – from its raked front end to the fat rear fender complemented by a fat rear tire – exemplifying classic boulevard styling. And the deep paintwork, thick chrome and detail touches will rock your world the first time you lay eyeballs upon it.
• Liquid-cooled 1,700cc V-twin engine produces massive torque
• Fuel injection system optimized for power in the low to mid-rpm range
• Compact frame for easy maneuverability and handling
• Electronic throttle valve system helps produce smooth power
• Adjustable rear suspension
• 9-spoke cast wheels add to the classic V-twin look and feel
• Instrumentation includes digital LCD screen that displays a wealth of information
Powerful 1,700cc V-twin engine
• Liquid cooled, four valves per cylinder, fuel-injected 1,700cc 52-degree V-twin engine
• Long-stroke 102 x 104mm bore and stroke dimensions help deliver massive torque and distinctive V-twin feel
• Valve system uses a single overhead cam arrangement instead of pushrods for quick revability and enhanced mid to high-rpm power
• Semi-dry sump allows low crankshaft placement and long stroke without increasing engine height
• Single-pin crank accentuates the engine’s V-twin character by providing strong power pulses
• Large capacity airbox is located on both sides of the engine
• Small-diameter iridium sparkplugs reach deep into the combustion chamber for high combustion efficiency, especially during low-load operation
• Dual staggered mufflers offer a rich sound and stylish appearance
• Engine tuning offers superior acceleration in the 50 to 70 mph range
• Even in overdrive, the engine pulls strongly, facilitating overtaking at highway speed
• The Vulcan 1700 takes advantage of FI and exhaust tuning optimized for maximum performance in the low to mid-rpm range, giving it plenty of grunt on the boulevard
• Utilizes one sensor in place of the usual three for simplicity and light weight
• Based on the systems used by the Ninja® 650R and Vulcan 900 motorcycles
Electronic Throttle Valve System
• Fully electronic throttle actuation system enables the ECU to control the volume of intake air (via throttle valve angle) and fuel (via fuel injector timing) delivered to the engine
• Optimized fuel injector timing and throttle valve position results in accurate, powerful engine response
• Control of both fuel injection and airflow provides easy starting and precise cold-engine idle speed control
• The ETV works like a standard cable-operated throttle; the throttle grip is connected to cables, so the feel at the grip for the rider is the same
• Twisting the throttle turns a pulley on the throttle body that triggers the Accelerator Position Sensor (APS) to send a signal to the ECU, which then modulates the throttle valves via a DC motor
• Accurate throttle position is relayed to the ECU by a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
• APS and TPS send two sets of signals to the ECU for system redundancy in the unlikely event of a sensor failure
On Board Diagnostics
• Diagnostic system allows self testing of the electronic systems on the Vulcan 1700
• Displays codes on the instrumentation that can be read by owner from the accessory manual
Six-speed Transmission / Final Drive
• 5th and 6th gear are overdrive ratios, contributing to stress-free riding and better fuel economy when cruising at highway speeds
• 28mm carbon fiber final drive belt offers a 40 percent increase in tensile strength compared to current Kevlar belts. This allows the Vulcan 1700 to use a belt only 2mm wider than the Kevlar belt on the Vulcan 900
• Belt drive system is quiet, efficient and offers reduced maintenance compared to a chain
Light Handling Chassis
• Compact frame features a shorter wheelbase and short distance between the seat and steering head for an ideal ergonomic layout and easy maneuverability
• Light and as slim as possible, the frame minimizes the number of forged parts and trims any unnecessary metal. The only forged parts are areas that require additional strength – the down-tube joint, engine brackets, side-stand bracket, and rear fender/shock absorber bracket
• The compact design contributes to light handling and facilitates maneuverability at low speeds, especially when executing precise slow-speed maneuvers like parking or making U-turns
43mm Telescopic Fork
• Provides superb steering feedback
• 5.5 inches of travel for excellent ride quality
Dual Adjustable Rear Air Shocks
• Air-adjustable spring preload can be tuned to match varying rider and passenger loads
• 4-way rebound damping adjustments help the shocks compensate for changes in spring pressure
• Chromed shock covers contribute to the bike’s luxurious finish
9-Spoke Cast Wheels
• Allow the use of tubeless tires and complement the Vulcan 1700’s muscular styling
• 130/90 front and 170/70 rear tires
• Tire choice and suspension settings selected to augment the chassis’ light handling characteristics
• Dual 300mm front and a single 300mm rear disc are squeezed by twin-piston calipers. This braking system is tuned to provide sure, powerful stops
Classic V-twin Appeal
• The line created by the top of the airbox and the cylinder heads forms a curved shape that continues to flow through the bike
• Deeply chromed engine covers have curved upper surfaces. Their three-dimensional form adds volume and gives a high quality appearance
• The edges of the cooling fins receive a special NC treatment that makes them gleam in sunlight
• All the non-chromed engine parts have a matte black finish that further accentuates the gleaming chrome
• The fuel tank’s hand-sculpted contours employ a constantly varying radius, giving the bike a dynamic flowing style that’s pleasing both to the eye and the touch
• The elegantly shaped fuel tank contributes to the Vulcan 1700’s curvaceous figure
• LED taillight looks elegant and provides years of trouble-free service
• Ignition switch allows on-position key removal, preventing keys from scratching the instrument cluster or tank while the bike is in operation
• Turning the ignition switch collar to the “OFF” position turns the engine off and necessitates re-insertion of the key to restart
• Multi-function LCD displays on the tank-mounted instrument cluster are controlled by switches on the right handlebar. Features include a gear-position indicator, fuel gauge, clock, odometer, dual trip meters, remaining mileage range and average fuel consumption
• Liberal use of chrome on the engine, fender brackets, light stays, and rear shock covers contrast nicely with the bodywork’s deep, lustrous paint
• The sculpted shape of the seat complements the rich visual tone of the bodywork
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four valves per cylinder, 52-degree V-twin
- Displacement: 1,700 cc (103.7 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 102 x 104 mm
- Compression ratio: 9.5:1
- Maximum Torque: 108 lb-ft @ 2250
- Cooling System: Liquid, plus cooling fins
- Induction: Digital fuel injection, dual 42 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
- Transmission: Six-speed with overdrive and positive neutral finder
- Frame Type: Steel, double-cradle with box-section single-tube backbone
- Rake/Trail: 30 deg. / 6.7 in.
- Front Suspension / wheel travel: 43 mm hydraulic fork / 5.5 in.
- Rear Suspension / wheel travel: Swingarm with twin air-assisted shocks, with 4-way rebound damping / 3.1 in.
- Front Tire Size: 130/90x16
- Rear Tire Size: 170/70x16
- Brakes, front / rear: Dual 300 mm discs, dual twin-piston calipers / Single 300 mm disc, twin-piston caliper
- Overall length: 98.4 in.
- Overall width: 40.4 in.
- Overall height: 45.5 in.
- Ground clearance: 5.1 in.
- Seat height: 28.3 in.
- Wheelbase: 65.6 in.
- Curb weight: 761 lb.
- Fuel capacity: 5.3 gal.
- Color Choices: Ebony
- Warranty: 12 months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, SOHC, four valves per cylinder, 52-degree V-twin
- 1,700 cc (103.7 cu.in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 102 x 104 mm
- Liquid, plus cooling fins
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Digital fuel injection, dual 42 mm throttle bodies
- TCBI with Digital Advance
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm hydraulic fork / 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with twin air-assisted shocks, with 4-way rebound damping / 3.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 300 mm discs, dual twin-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single 300 mm disc, twin-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 65.6 in.
- Seat Height
- 28.3 in.
- 30 deg.
- 6.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 761 lb.
- Six-speed with overdrive and positive neutral finder
- 12 months